Support the Friends of the Libraries and contribute to the Libraries’ vital role in supporting University education and research, in creating innovative programs, and increasing use of its remarkable resources.
All members receive:
- Invitations to lectures, exhibit openings, author readings, and other special events at the University Libraries.
- Discounts at the University of Minnesota Bookstores located in Coffman Memorial Union.
- Subscriptions to publications for Friends and supporters of the Libraries.
Want to borrow a book?
Borrowing privileges and unlimited access to electronic journals, magazines, and newspaper subscriptions from public workstations at any Twin Cities campus library are available to supporters at the $80 level (or $40 members of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association).
How to join or renew and gain borrowing privileges
- Complete the online form (you will be redirected to the University of Minnesota Foundation’s online giving form)
- Request borrowing privileges by specifying “I am requesting (or renewing) a Friends library borrowing card” in the Special Instructions box.
Please note: It can take several days after making your online donation before your borrowing privileges are renewed or created.
Need library access immediately?
If you have an immediate need for borrowing, please visit Wilson Library in person to request or renew your Friends library card.
- Member: $40 annual donation
- Donor/Borrowing privileges: $80 annually
- $40 annually for University of Minnesota Alumni Association members
- $30 for recently graduated students, within one year
- Associate: $100
- Sponsor: $300 and above
- Borrowing privileges for organizations
- $250 per year base rate
- $80 per year for nonprofit organizations