Benefits of Joining the Friends
Join the Friends of the Libraries and contribute to the Libraries’ vital role in supporting University education and research, in creating innovative programs, and in encouraging use and appreciation of its remarkable resources. As a measure of its appreciation, the Libraries offer the following benefits to members of the Friends:
- Borrowing privileges and unlimited access to University Libraries’ public workstations (which includes onsite access to electronic journal, magazine, and newspaper subscriptions) at all Twin Cities campus libraries. Borrowing privileges and onsite workstation access is for members at the $80 level and above (UMAA members at the $40 level).
- Invitations to lectures, exhibit openings, author readings, and other special events at the University Libraries.
- Discounts at the University of Minnesota Bookstore located in Coffman Memorial Union
- Subscriptions to publications for Friends and supporters of the Libraries.
To join, or renew, in the Friends of the University of Minnesota Libraries, please complete the online form (you will be redirected to the University of Minnesota Foundation’s online giving form). To request borrowing privileges, please specify in the Special Instructions box.
- Member: $40 (annual donation)
- Donor: $80 (Libraries borrowing privileges available at this level)
- Associate: $100
- Sponsor: $300 and above
- Special Categories
- New Graduates: $30
- UMAA Members: $40 for borrowing privileges