menu
Health Sciences LibrariesNews

Brooke Olson joins the Health Sciences Library as a Medical School Librarian

By April 27, 2023September 16th, 2023No Comments
Brooke Olson

Brooke Olson, Medical School Librarian

Brooke Olson, MIS, MPA, comes to the Health Sciences Libraries with a rich professional portfolio that makes her a great match for her new role as a Medical School Librarian.  

Before receiving her Master of Science in Information Sciences, Brooke applied her public administration skills when she helped implement two Electronic Health Records systems. She also lent her experience to the Tennessee Department of Education, this time leading a multi-year project to implement a state-wide online teacher licensure program. As she reflected on this experience and her efforts to work across numerous offices and stakeholders across Tennessee, she shared, “I was very relieved and happy the day we turned on the system and it actually worked!” 

Given Brooke’s ability to span boundaries and build networks, it is no surprise that she loves collaboration, being part of the health sciences community, and public speaking. “I’m looking forward to diving into research, learning from my colleagues, and being in the classroom with students,” said Brooke. “I’m excited that I will be able to work with so many subject areas within health sciences,” she adds.  

Brooke is jumping right into our work as she applies her skills gained from her time at academic and public libraries. With only eight days in her new role, she has already participated in consultations and teaching, including Family Medicine Clerkship (FMC). “I really enjoyed getting to see how the library plays a role in FMC, and to hear students talk about their research interests,” she said.   

A midwesterner at heart, Brooke is looking forward to living in the Twin Cities. Her interests and skills are broad and include a love of travel, baking, reading, and live music. “I still do Wordle every day and love any kind of crossword or jigsaw puzzle,” she adds. “I’m a Peloton addict and I also love to go on long walks while listening to podcasts.” When you get a chance to meet Brooke, feel free to ask her about Wordle score, her current reads, and her favorite podcasts. She’ll likely do the same.

Erinn Aspinall

Author Erinn Aspinall

More posts by Erinn Aspinall

© 2024 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Privacy Statement | Acceptable Use of IT Resources