menu
Annie's BlogFeatured Blog PostNews

Montessori, a new podcast, and Anti-Racism Daily

By July 17, 2020September 16th, 2023No Comments

From Childhood to Adolescence poster for the CLIO Montessori Series.Annie Hoffman here, Student Journalist for the libraries. This week was my favorite kind of week: I had the opportunity to learn a lot. Here’s what I’ve been up to!

This week I attended a virtual workshop that explored Montessori pedagogy for adolescents. Maria Montessori was an Italian doctor, scientist, and educator whose child-centered, discovery-based methods are used in schools all over the globe.

The guiding text for the workshop was From Childhood to Adolescent, written by Montessori herself in 1948. As a future dance educator, I am curious about using Montessori ideas in my classroom. I look forward to applying what I learned this week to the Dance Pedagogy course I will take as part of my fall course load.

Transcripts puts the transgender movement in context

I also began listening to Transcripts, a new podcast produced by the University of Minnesota Libraries that puts the transgender movement in context. The podcast utilizes oral histories from the Tretter Transgender Oral History Project. I followed Transcripts on Spotify, but there are lots of ways to listen.

Anti-Racism Daily

Finally, I subscribed to Anti-Racism Daily, a newsletter that offers daily actions to dismantle white supremacy. Anti-Racism Daily is edited by Nicole Cardoza, a Black entrepreneur and public speaker.

I am grateful to have the time and resources to learn about topics that interest me and influence my community. I am eager to bring what I’ve learned to classroom discussions and advocacy work this fall.

—Annie Hoffman

markenge

Author markenge

More posts by markenge

© 2024 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Privacy Statement | Acceptable Use of IT Resources