FeaturedNewsUncategorized

Fresh faces

By September 3, 2021September 16th, 2023No Comments
Group of students learn about the Libraries August 2021

A group of incoming students learn how the Libraries can help them save money on textbooks.

Prizes, books to check out, and information about how the University Libraries could save students money attracted freshmen to the Libraries welcoming table in front of Coffman Union on Aug. 31.

Often carrying the “best map ever” of the campus listing the 11 libraries, the students came in small groups and individually to try their luck on the prize wheel and, along the way, learn about the Libraries. Here are takeaways from a few of them.

“There’s more than one library on campus,” said McKenna Green.

“I learned about cost-effective ways to check out my textbooks. I’m going to look into that,” said Tejas Vaid.

Gretta Schulberg, of Detroit Lakes, noted: “I can get textbooks for free — so I can save $300.”

“I learned they’re hiring, too!” said Modou Dibba.

“I’m going to get some free textbooks,” said Luke Fischbach of Apple Valley

Ana Grogan, a sophomore volunteer helping first-year students get around campus, said she spent a lot of time in the Libraries last semester — as she did also during her high school years. “I love the library.”

Ana Grogan, third from left, hears from a Library staffer

Student volunteers, including Ana Grogan, third from left, hear from Copyright Librarian Nancy Sims.

—Allison Campbell-Jensen

markenge

Author markenge

More posts by markenge