menu
Annie's BlogFeatured Blog PostNewsThe U of M Libraries' COVID-19 response

Check the Libraries for required texts

By August 17, 2020September 16th, 2023No Comments
T-shirt-rug

Annie’s T-shirt-rug

Annie Hoffman here, Student Journalist for the libraries. Here’s what I’ve been up to this week!

A few weeks ago, I tried out the Suggest a Purchase feature on the University Libraries website. This week, I received an email informing me that the book I suggested was now available to read online through the library catalog. I am excited to start Ryan La Sala’s Reverie, a young adult fantasy novel about gay teenagers and dreams becoming real.

I am finally finishing up a project that I’ve been working on for years — a rug made out of old T-shirts! I cut the shirts into long strips, knit the strips into squares, and sewed the squares together. I plan to use the rug in my new apartment in September.

Lastly, Fall Semester starts in less than a month. It’s time to check whether any of the required texts for my fall courses are available from the University Libraries. I recommend that every student take the time to check the library catalog before heading to the bookstore.

As cool and cloudy days hint at the beginnings of fall, I am staying busy and looking forward to things to come.

—Annie Hoffman

markenge

Author markenge

More posts by markenge

© 2024 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Privacy Statement | Acceptable Use of IT Resources