Annie's BlogNewsThe U of M Libraries' COVID-19 response

Autism documentary, PAWS, and ‘Suggest a Purchase’

By August 3, 2020September 16th, 2023No Comments

Virtual PAWS posterAnnie Hoffman here, Student Journalist for the libraries. Here’s what I’ve been up to this week!

I watched Love on the Spectrum, a documentary that follows young adults on the autism spectrum as they navigate dating and romance. You can read a review of the show here, written by autistic author and advocate Dr. Kerry Magro.

Over the course of our time as undergraduate students, my friends and I have enjoyed attending Pet Away Worries and Stress (PAWS) events at Wilson library and other locations around campus. PAWS sessions offer the opportunity to interact with registered therapy animal teams—including dogs, bunnies, cats, and chickens. Although in-person PAWS events have been cancelled until further notice, virtual events have been offered throughout the summer via Zoom. Like all PAWS programming, these events are free and open to the university community. Registration is open for the next virtual PAWS event, which will be held on August 12.

Finally, I used the Suggest a Purchase feature on the university libraries website for the first time. You can use this link to suggest a required text for a university course, or any book that you would like to see included in the library collections.

This week I am grateful for warm weather and safe, fulfilling ways to interact with family, friends, and the university community.

—Annie Hoffman

markenge

Author markenge

More posts by markenge