Annie's BlogFeatured Blog PostNewsThe U of M Libraries' COVID-19 response

Writing, Zooming, and wondering what’s next

By April 23, 2020September 16th, 2023No Comments
Annie Hoffman

Annie Hoffman

Hello again! Annie Hoffman here, Student Journalist for the libraries. The end of the semester is quickly approaching, which means writing papers, lots of Zooming, and wondering what comes next. Here’s what I’ve been up to!

The University community has access to hundreds of databases on a wide variety of topics. Browse them all here. This week I have been exploring Dance Online: Dance in Video, a collection of videos of and about dance. As a dance major, I find this resource valuable and exciting! I’m currently watching “Tap or Die,” a documentary about hoofer Derick Grant.

The benefits of indoor plants

Annie's House Plants in Mason jars.I helped my quarantine buddy create a window herb garden from quart mason jars and twine. Even though spring has sprung and I’m spending more time outside, indoor plants are still wonderful. The benefits of owning houseplants can include cleaner air and increased focus and creativity.

Assignment Calculator

Assignment Calculator web pageThe Assignment Calculator is a good library resource to keep in mind as finals creep up on us. This tool allows you to break down research and writing projects into manageable steps based on your due dates. Check it out if you are working on a research paper, speech, or lab report!

There are less than two weeks left in the semester. Let’s all finish strong, whatever that looks like for us. Stay home, stay healthy, and keep reading!

markenge

Author markenge

More posts by markenge