menu
Annie's BlogFeatured Blog PostNewsThe U of M Libraries' COVID-19 response

Producing a dance film, reviewing Portuguese grammar, writing a screenplay

By April 30, 2020September 16th, 2023No Comments
Annie Hoffman

Annie Hoffman

Hello! Annie Hoffman here, Student Journalist for the libraries. I’m working my way through my last full week of classes. Here’s what I’ve been up to!

It’s almost finals season! For me this means shooting and editing a short dance film, reviewing Portuguese grammar, writing part of a screenplay, and more. If you need help preparing for finals, check out the University Libraries’ SMART Learning Commons for online peer tutoring, media consultations, and more.

Good food and culinary history

Cookbook from the Kirschner Cookbook Collection: Three Meals a DayI feel lucky to be sharing an apartment with a really good cook. We had spinach and feta omelettes for dinner the other night! If you’re looking for recipes (Or a peek into culinary history,) check out the digitized cookbooks in the Doris S. Kirschner Cookbook Collection.

This one at right — “Three Meals a Day: Cooking, Table, Toilet, Health” — is from 1896!

Kate DiCamillo a favorite college memory

One of my best college memories is of Minnesota author Kate DiCamillo visiting my freshman seminar on coming-of-age literature in 2018. DiCamillo’s book Because of Winn Dixie is now the focus of One Book | One Minnesota, a new state-wide book club.

The book is available online for the next eight weeks, and DiCamillo will host a state-wide virtual discussion in May.

When I check in next week, the last day of class will be behind us. How did that happen? Stay home, stay healthy, and keep reading!

markenge

Author markenge

More posts by markenge

© 2024 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Privacy Statement | Acceptable Use of IT Resources