Annie's BlogFeatured Blog PostNewsThe U of M Libraries' COVID-19 response

Dance major dealing with ‘alternative instruction’

By March 24, 2020September 16th, 2023No Comments

Annie-studying-with-computerHello! Annie Hoffman here, Student Journalist for the Libraries. Last week all University courses moved to online/alternative instruction. I’m a dance major, which means the switch presents some interesting challenges. Here’s what I’ve been up to!

With my classes online, I’m using Zoom, Canvas, and Google Drive to connect with my instructors and peers. It feels silly and weird sometimes, but we’re working together to keep learning.

I can’t go study at Wilson Library at the moment, but I’m still taking advantage of online library resources. Access the library catalog here and filter results for “Available Online” to find sources for projects or your new favorite book. I’m currently reading Kindred by Octavia Butler.

Screengrab-of-Library-search-webpage

Sneak peek of unusual library materials

Finally, I’m working on a story about unusual library materials. It will be online when the libraries reopen and these materials are once again available to the university community. But for now, here’s a close-up sneak peek!

Photo of a device from the library

Stay tuned for more

As we adjust to a new normal, I will continue to share what it means to be a student, a dancer, and a writer in the present moment. Stay home, stay healthy, and keep reading!

—Annie Hoffman

markenge

Author markenge

More posts by markenge