The Nature Heals display is a “dose of nature” to restore and refresh your overall well being. The display is a collaboration with the University of Minnesota Libraries, Landscape Arboretum, and Bakken Center for Spirituality and Healing. For more information and resources, check out the Nature Heals libguide on the University Libraries website.
- Winter Nature Heals Display: January 16 – March 13, 2020 at Wilson Library, 2nd Floor
- Spring Nature Heals Display: March 13 – May 15, 2020 at Walter Library
- Summer Nature Heals Display – TBD 2020 at the Bio-Medical Library
What’s so healing about nature?
The benefits to human health and well being are reasons why time spent in a garden or outdoors is an increasing area of focus in the scientific literature. Research studies have found that time spent outdoors in nature may help to:
- relieve stress
- increase memory performance
- boost creativity
- enhance attention
- improve the quality of sleep
- influence the quality of life for those who struggle with dementia and mental illness