The University Libraries offer “distraction-free” studying for finals that includes extended hours in our buildings, as well as stress-reducing activities.
Use our spaces, our computers and printers, our coffee shops, Chat 24/7 with a librarian and take a break with our awesome activities.
Discover a new space with the Study Space Finder. Try Effective U online guides to help with Final Exam Prep, Boost Your Study Habits, Manage Your Stress and more.
Win a ‘Study Room for a Day’
Enter to win Magrath Library room 184 as a study space for an entire day, April 29 through May 3.
Enter to win Wilson Library 113 as a study space for a day, April 30 or May 1.
Extended study hours
Bring your U Card for late night access at the following locations:
- Walter Library: Open 24/7 hour (bring U card) begins at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, May 3 and ends at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15.
- BioMedical Library: Open 24/7 hour (bring U card) begins at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, May 3 and ends at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15.
- Wilson Library: The basement level will be open 24/7 beginning at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7 until 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 15 with your U Card.
- Magrath Library (St. Paul): Extended study area will be open most days until 2 a.m. with U Card.
Study break activities
- Pet Away Worry and Stress (PAWS) in Bio-Med Library on Wednesday, May 1 (11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Pet Away Worry and Stress (PAWS) in Wilson Library on May 9 (11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- Jiggs, the therapy dog, visit in Magrath Library (St. Paul) on May 2 (10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Study with Leonard the turtle at the Natural Resources Library (St. Paul)
- Plant a succulent with YOUmatter in Walter Library on Tuesday, May 7 (12:00 to 4:00 p.m.)
Exam Jam April 28 – May 8
Exam Jam is from April 28 through May 8 in Walter Library, Appleby Hall, and nearby classrooms. Connect with other students in a relaxed atmosphere for free tutoring, review sessions, and destress activities to prepare for final exams.
Support for stressful times
Finals can be stressful and campus has resources to support you. For help, please:
- Access the Student Mental Health Website
- Text “UMN” to 61222 for help 24/7
- Call 612-301-4673