Come sit in the chair in a landmark Twin Cities exhibit!
The ABC of It: Why Children’s Books Matter will transport you back to your childhood with original artwork and manuscripts from over 200 children’s classics. Enjoy three floors of photo opportunities including a life-sized Poky Little Puppy and an 18 foot replica of the Goodnight Moon bedroom perfect for reading a bedtime story.
Please join us this Saturday, March 2, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Elmer Andersen Library for an exhibit open house.
And, please share this video with friends (after all, they were once children too!). It features several prominent Minnesotans reading excerpts from the iconic children’s book, Goodnight Moon.
- Josie Johnson, University of Minnesota Regent Emeritus and Civil Rights Leader
- Soprano Maria Jette
- Chan Poling, musician and composer
- Alan Page, retired Minnesota Supreme Court Justice and NFL Hall-of-Famer
- Actor Bradley Greenwald
- Dudley Riggs, improvisational comedian and founder of the Brave New Workshop
- RT Rybak, former Minneapolis Mayor and CEO/President of the Minneapolis Foundation
- Karen Kaler, University of Minnesota First Lady
- Tony Ross, principal cellist, Minnesota Orchestra
- Simran Mishra, president of the Minnesota Student Association at the University of Minnesota.
Exhibit Curator: Lisa Von Drasek
Exhibit Designer: Darren Terpstra
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:49 — 131.8MB)