Join the University Libraries for in-depth training that will help you learn data management best practices, stay organized throughout the research process, and prepare datasets for preservation, sharing, and re-use.
This custom one-day workshop is open to all University of Minnesota Duluth faculty, graduate students, and research support staff.
The workshop will be followed by optional one-on-one consultations that will be customized to meet individual research needs.
Mark your calendar for January 7 January 8, 2019
What: Data Management Workshop
When: 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m., January 7, 2019
Where: 410 KAML (Kathryn Ann Martin Library)
What: One-on-one data management consultations
When: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., January 8, 2019
- Light breakfast from 8:30-9:00
- Welcome & Introductions 9:00-9:15
- Data Management Basics 9:15-10:15
- Stretch/Break 10:15-10:30
- Documentation & File Management 10:30-11:30
- Breakout Groups 11:35-12:35
- Lunch 12:35-1:35
- Long-Term Topics (Preservation) 1:40-2:40
- Review Action Items 2:45-3:00
- Wrap-Up/Evaluations 3:00-3:15
The instructors for the session are librarians at the Health Sciences Libraries, University of Minnesota Twin Cities with expertise related to grants and data management, and federal funding requirements.