Introducing ‘The Blue Ox Review’

This week we introduce you to a new blog: The Blue Ox Review by Lisa Von Drasek, the Curator of our Children’s Literature Research Collections. Lisa brings tremendous enthusiasm and expertise to this blog and she welcomes and responds to your comments. 

Why this blog? Why now?

Lisa loves to read, loves to review children’s books, and loves to recommend children’s books. Over the years, she has reviewed for KirkusSchool Library Journal, Booklist, Barnes and Noble ReviewTeaching K8EarlyWord.comNick Jr Family MagazineThe New York TimesThe Washington Post and even The Bark

Lisa took a break from public reviewing when she served on the 2017 Caldecott Committee. The Blue Ox Review is the new vehicle for sharing her love for reading.

Here’s what Lisa says:

“The best part of being a children’s librarian is sharing books. Matching the right kid with the right book. … A blog allows me to review books, give a heads up on upcoming titles that I am excited about, link to interesting news and events, and show off cool stuff from my collection. Of course there will be an occasional rant. A blog can also be a conversation and I hope that I will be having one with my kindred spirits.”

Go to the Blue Ox Review

2 COMMENTS