The University of Minnesota Bindery, which first opened in the basement of Perine’s Books in Dinkytown back in 1922, closed in July. The Bindery, initially a unit of University Libraries, was housed for nearly 50 years on the 4th floor of Walter Library before moving to the Printing Services building on Como Avenue in 1972.
The Bindery fell victim to the significant shift away from print and to digital collections. The Libraries will still use bindery services, but will contract for the services through a private vendor.
Watch the video above to learn more.