A day (and a night) in the life of the library.
Show us how you use the library — any time, any place, anywhere.
Submission deadline was 5 p.m., April 12, 2016.
Whether inside one of our 13 libraries — or on a smart phone from your dorm room, the University Libraries support you 24/7. Capture your library experience in a photo for a chance to win prizes and have your work featured in a gallery exhibit on campus.
Prizes include $99, $75, & $50 Visa Gift Cards and a $99 gift certificate to Punch Pizza for the winner of the Student Choice Award!
Entry period is from March 1 to April 12, 2016 at 5:00 p.m., so start getting snappy in the Libraries!
Sponsored by the Friends of the Libraries
It’s easy to enter!
Simply submit your high-resolution image (5 megapixel or greater) and complete the online form to submit your photo.
The contest is open to any current University of Minnesota student. One photograph per entry and no more than three entries per student.
- Eligibility: All currently enrolled University of Minnesota students are eligible to enter the contest.
- Photos: Each student may submit up to three entries. They must complete the online submission form for each entry and upload a high-resolution image (5 MP or higher) .jpg image. Edited or digitally enhanced photos are eligible. Photos must be the original work of the student submitting them. Please include a 1- to 2-sentence description of the photo and location. To avoid any misunderstanding, and out of simple respect, if your photo will show a person’s face, we strongly suggest you ask permission of the subject first.
- Permission: In submitting a photo, you are granting the University of Minnesota Libraries an unrestricted royalty-free license to use, re-use, display and/or broadcast your photo(s) for any purpose and in any medium, and the right to use your name when giving credit to the photographer.
- Framing and Printing: The University of Minnesota Libraries will pay for all costs of printing and framing the winning entries. The framed prints of the winning photos will remain the property of the University of Minnesota Libraries.
- Exhibit and General Use: Winning photos will be displayed in locations to be determined within the Libraries and at the Friends of the University of Minnesota Libraries annual celebration on May 4, 2016.
- Judging and Prizes: A panel of judges will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners based on the criteria of interpretation of the theme “A day (and a night) in the life of the library,” creativity, originality, and artistic expression. The Student Choice Award will be given to the entry that receives the most Facebook likes on the University of Minnesota Libraries Facebook page, www.facebook.com/umnlib. Winners will be notified by email and prizes will be awarded at the Friends of the University of Minnesota Libraries annual celebration on May 5, 2015. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place: $99 Visa gift card
- 2nd place: $75 Visa gift card
- 3rd place: $50 Visa gift card
- Student Choice Award: $99 gift certificate for Punch Pizza
Decisions of the judges will be final. A list of the winners will be posted here on or after April 20, 2016.