What we do
The Friends play a special role in connecting the University Libraries to the greater community and enriching the campus and community through thought-provoking, entertaining, and intellectually engaging programs.
By joining the Friends of the Libraries, you will:
- Provide important support to assure that the resources of this great library are extended to promote library outreach and staff development.
- Continue the Friends’ important role in supporting University Libraries outreach, in creating innovative programs, and in encouraging use and appreciation of its remarkable resources.
- Benefit all University of Minnesota students and faculty — and people throughout Minnesota who rely on the Libraries for information.
Donor Level and above
Borrowing privileges and unlimited access to electronic journals, magazines, and newspaper subscriptions from public workstations at any Twin Cities campus library.
All members receive:
- Invitations to lectures, exhibit openings, author readings, and other special events at the University Libraries.
- Discounts at the University of Minnesota Bookstores located in Coffman Memorial Union.
- Subscriptions to publications for Friends and supporters of the Libraries.
To join the Friends or to renew your membership, please complete the online form (you will be redirected to the University of Minnesota Foundation’s online giving form). To request borrowing privileges, please specify in the Special Instructions box.
- Member: $40 (annual donation)
- Donor: $80 (Libraries borrowing privileges available at this level)
- Associate: $100
- Sponsor: $300 and above
- Special Categories
- New Graduates: $30
- UMAA Members: $40 for borrowing privileges