Wilson SMART Commons moves to basement
The Wilson Library SMART Commons has moved to the Basement Level as part of the library’s lobby renovation, which will begin this summer.
The new SMART Commons is being designed with students in mind.
New SMART Commons highlights
- Increased ability for small groups to work together:
- Dual Monitor workstations with larger tables accommodating up to five people
- Extra Large Monitor (42 inch) and table supporting up to seven people
- Four 27-inch monitors mounted on rolling carts for supporting additional small group work and mobility within the SMART area
- Media Production and Scanning workstations
- SMART Media Consultation Services will continue
- More open areas for supporting SMART Peer Learning Consultant Services.
Please note: Some equipment may not be available until fall semester.
- Sixteen computers are available for library users in Wilson 201B and additional computers are available in Government Publications.
- Wilson’s New Books and the McCollister Collection for Contemporary Literature have temporarily moved to the basement level of Wilson.
Renovation of Wilson Library Lobby
Renovation of the Wilson Library lobby will begin this summer and be completed during fall semester.
Renovation highlights include:
- More openness and improved light
- Open and attractive layout
- Study booths
- Comfortable seating with outlets for smartphone and laptop charging
- Small group meeting spaces
- Flexible furniture to accommodate various group sizes
- Inviting study and gatherings areas
- Easy access to expert help
- Quick access to new books and the contemporary literature collection